Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

All About Ilah {and Talk of Baby #2 - What's Your Opinion on a Good Age Difference Between Children?}

I've been loving the brisk mornings here in Atlanta. By the time the afternoon rolls around, it's close to 80 degrees out and the day takes a warmer shift - but hey, I'll take it over the sweltering summer heat that we had this year. I hope that the weather isn't teasing us and ends up reversing itself for a bit - it's been known to do that : / But given that we're now in October, I'm confident that those beautiful autumn days will consistently be ahead. I even bought some mums this week for our back patio : )

This week Ilah and I headed out early to do some grocery shopping. Early as in...around 9:30 a.m. I figure why wait. Let's just trek out when the stores are quiet.


Ilah thought for a minute that we might be walking there. Ha!....



The past week or so I've been looking at my little girl and thinking how amazing it is to have her in my life. Last night Dele and I were at the dining room table talking and Ilah was being so quiet on the couch playing and then moments later she suddenly popped up and said, "Hi!". We couldn't help but laugh. I told Dele that it still amazes me that we have a child...a beautiful, amazing daughter...who is so much her own little person, yet exudes parts of our personalities too...I can't believe that in just a few months she will be turning two.

So I did something for the first time when I was out with Ilah at Target early this week. I let her out of the shopping cart to walk around. When she kept wanting out, I would try to pacify her with a hug and tell her we were almost done but I figured since the store was empty since it was so early in the morning that I would take her out and see how she would do. I gotta say...she did a pretty good job. She couldn't help but run ahead of me a bit, but she listened very well when I told her to walk and not run, and she stayed close to me and paid attention to when the cart was turning and stayed close to it.


She even helped push it....


But when I stood still to look for something, she didn't like that very much. She wanted to be on the go! So this is what I got one time....


It cracked me up when she stood up on the cart and peeked to see what was inside! This was such a big girl thing to do and I could see years of that in my future! Ha!

I used to think that baby #2 was SO far off but obviously the older Ilah gets, the closer the time comes for trying for another little blessing. Our plan is still to wait until Ilah turns 3 to get pregnant but that's just a little over a year away and just like this year did, the time is going to fly. I know for sure I'm not ready now, and I'm not really sure if I'll even be ready when she's 3 but I would like spacing my children 3 3/4 - 4 yrs a part; that would be ideal for me...to have Ilah in pre-school when the second one comes along. Obviously God could have other plans for us and #2 could come before - and even perhaps after - my desired time frame preference.

I know that not everyone who reads my blog is a mommy yet but for those who are, and for those of you who have more than one child, what is the ideal spacing that you want/ed to have between kids? And if you already had baby #2, how do you enjoy the age difference between your little ones? I know that the answer won't be the same for everyone, as we each all have different opinions {and tolerance levels! Ha!} but I'm interested in hearing what your thoughts are! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...