Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Decorated Cookies For Breast Cancer Awareness Month

It's been a busy few days! And the next several weeks don't show a lighter load. My calendar doesn't have me coming up for air until around the last week in October. With the exception of a dentist visit and a car maintenance appointment, everything else is fun-filled!

Tomorrow night my mom and I will be going to our church's quarterly women's event. Our last Every Woman gathering was amazing. I blogged about it here. This one is called "Night of Pink" and we're jump-starting Breast Cancer Awareness month a little early. Our guest speaker will be a Pastor of one of our church branches - a woman who I hear is amazing, and is a breast cancer survivor.


It's going to be a wonderful night! The room will be filled with a sea of women dressed in pink, tables will be decorated beautifully, and we're going to have a lavish dessert bar! I was asked if I could make some cookies for the event. I made TWO large platters, which totaled 100 + cookies. Since the platters are identical, I just took pictures of one. Here are the cookie designs that I did....



I purchased the "ribbon" cookie cutter online from Country Kitchen.



I saw these "Keep Calm and Fight On" cookies on Sweet Sugarbelle's Facebook Page this week and the next day implemented the design into my cookie platter.


I did my icings in three different shades of pink. I love the variety, and how the color scheme goes from a light shade of pink to a darker shade of pink.


Lollipops are always a fun touch! I tied a tiny bow around the sticks for added cuteness....






A tip to keeping your baked goods fresh is to add a few slices of bread into the container before you put the lid on....


I've added this Breast Cancer Awareness Bow to my Etsy shop today, where there are also a few others available for purchase....


I've prepped several every-day frilly hair bow designs that will be added to my shop soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...