Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Wonderful Easter! {Recap}

We had a WONDERFUL Easter Weekend!! Friday night we attended Good Friday service at our church. It was AMAZING. I wasn't sure if we were going to make it because Ilah had fallen asleep really late in the afternoon and was still asleep by the time that we needed to start getting ready. I rarely ever wake her from a nap but I really wanted to go to Good Friday service and she had already been sleeping for an hour and a half so I figured she had already had a good amount of sleep. I knew that she would also love to play with other little ones her age and that going out would also be good for her. Luckily, Ilah is always the sweetest thing when she wakes up - always so happy! She perked right up, smiled at me and was ready to go along with whatever was happening next! Oh, I just love our girl! Our Good Friday service was mostly a worship service - and Dele and I love saturating ourselves in worship. It was wonderful to be in church with other believers to usher in the presence of God through our worship, partake in communion as a body of believers, and reverence the Lord on a day in which we remember the sacrafice that Jesus made for us.

Last year my mom got Ilah this little Easter book and for the past few weeks we have been reading it to her.... I have done a few posts on how we are loving this new church that we are attending and how it really reminds me of "the good 'ol days". I was surprised when we entered the building and the pastors wife told me that this was a family service and that Ilah was more than welcome to stay in service with us. What?!? Really?!! I thought that was so great. Ultimately we chose to take Ilah to her classroom so she could be with other little ones her age and play and have fun {she ran in and didn't look back once!}, but I loved that we had the option to keep her with us or take her to a classroom. I loved that Good Friday service was a family service. They had handouts for the kids to keep them preoccupied {word searches, coloring pages, etc.} and had candy for them too. And while although there were a good amount of children in the service, they didn't make a peep. They were all so well-behaved. There are so many things that I {we} have grown to love about this church. It truly does take me back to the church days that I was raised up in...where people showed up with their authentic selves, you connected and formed tight bonds yet your circle was always open, families/people go to lunch together after church rather than going your separate ways; you simply did life together - in the real sense. There is so much "fluff" in churches these days. It has been so refreshing to be in a new church that is giving us the desires of our heart. We look forward to growing in so many ways there!

Saturday afternoon we took Ilah to the park! The weather was beautiful and it was too nice to stay indoors! I have taken Ilah here before during the week but this time Daddy could come because it was the weekend!

Ilah was in her cute little bunny shirt that I bought her a few weeks ago.....
This little girl is always squirming to get down! I had just taken her out of the swing and she was like, "put me down Mama!"....





Daddy and his girl!!!Always waving hello to someone! Ilah is such a friendly little girl!....



Then Ilah wanted to switch horsies and ride on the white one..... We took a stroll up to the play field and saw that there were some soccer games going on and there were little kids playing. So cute! As we sat down to watch for a bit, Ilah stripped the bow from her head, I rolled up her jeans and we relished in the nice weather!...
And I also got some lovin' from my girl!.... "Hey, I see myself on your glasses Mama!".....


An ice-cream truck came through and of course I shared my snow cone with Ilah....The next day it was Easter Sunday!!! Ilah was all dolled up in her Easter dress, ready to go to church! My mom went with us and we all loved the service!
We had a short bit of time to kill until our brunch reservations so we came home for just 30 minutes and gave Ilah her Easter baskets!....







Ilah was so excited and didn't know which thing to grab first! The first thing out of the basket was the biggest thing...her Dora playing blocks!....



Ilah LOVES books! I bought her two books and one that she can take in the bath with her!....



It was the cutest thing seeing Ilah love on her bunny when she took it out of the basket!...



Showing Daddy what she got!....



We left for brunch and then after we returned home, Ilah took a LONG 3 hour nap. When she woke up, she had two more Easter baskets to go through from her Abuela!
The Donald Duck on the left talks and walks!....



Last year we were in Canada for Easter and Ilah was just a few months old. The time just flew by.....This year we made wonderful Easter memories at home that we will always remember and cherish! I am so blessed to have a Savior who died on the cross for me, that I have a beautiful healthy family, and that life keeps getter sweeter as the days goes on. So thankful. So grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...