Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2 Years Ago Today: I Became a Mrs!

On the afternoon of March 29, 2009, I slipped on this beautiful dress....

And adorned my feet with these pretty little shoes....

I attached a locket to my bouquet, which held a photo of my father inside so that he would be there in spirit walking me down the aisle...

My hair was done, my jewlery was on, my eyes had anticipation in them....


I was a bride....

I arrived to the venue, with my mom at my side. This was it...my wedding day.


Our wedding bands were awaiting the moment to be slipped on our fingers....


The ballroom was being prepped for our reception....

Our wedding favors {a clock, with a message that said "Brought Together in God's Timing} were sitting on pretty platters waiting to be passed out to guests....


Mr. Wonderful, looking oh-so-dapper, seemed cool as cucumber.....


And then the moment came.....


I walked down the aisle to marry the man that I thought only existed in my dreams....


We held hands and the blessing of our union began....


We partook in communion....



We said our vows one to another....



And we sealed the deal!....


We did it! Husband and wife...


We exited the ceremony dancing to a Nigerian song....

We were so elated!!....
We took lots of pictures, had a few moments to ourselves, and then we headed to the reception where we were introduced as husband and wife.... Being among our family and friends....who came from near and far {and very far!} to share our special day with us meant so much.... We ate DELICIOUS food, shared sweet whispers, leaned over for lots of kisses...and danced our first dance to Seal's version of Stand By Me....

We headed to the cake table.... And shared a yummy slice...
We drank champagne....
And danced the night away!!!.....
We changed into Nigerian attire....
And in the late hours of the night, were driven off to our hotel {where the rest of the details will be withheld! Ha ha!}.....
Today, on our 2 Year Wedding Anniversary, we reflect on where our love brought us, we acknowledge the blessings of the present, and we anticipate all of the wonderful memories that await us in the future.

To my husband, whom I adore: "My greatest good fortune in a life of brilliant experiences has been to find you, and to lead my life with you." - Winston Churchill

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...