Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Ilah's Birthday: "The Day After"

As I wrote in my last post, we saved some of Ilah's gifts for her to open the day after her birthday since she was sooo tired after her fun-filled little party. I still can't believe my baby turned one. I will probably be saying that on the next birthday too...and everyone thereafter.

I've talked about the rocking chair that my great-grandmother {my dad's grandmother} gave me when I turned one. I am SO happy with my mom kept it throughout all the moves that we have done. A few weeks ago, I showed pictures of my husband sanding it down and refinishing it for Ilah!

Here is a picture of me with my Great-Grandma Mary Ella....

And here is a picture of both me and Ilah, on our birthdays, in the little rocking chair:

I had pads made for the rocking chair to match Ilah's crib bedding, but they didn't turn out so well as they don't cover the chair as they should. I have more left over fabric so I will have someone else make a new set.

Here are a few pictures of both mommy and Ilah opening birthday gifts on our 1st birthdays!.....



In keeping with Ilah's birthday theme, my mom and I wrapped her presents in pretty little paper that had bird cages and birds on it!....




And Ilah wore a cute shirt with birdies on it!....




Time to open gifts!.....



We gave Ilah a Dora DVD, a fun floating toy for the bathtub, and a Melissa & Doug ABC puzzle.



Ilah checking out her Dora DVD.....

"Thanks Mommy & Daddy!"....
And then checking out her bathtub toy....


My mom gave Ilah this super cute "Counting Candles Birthday Cake" toy by Leap Frog.




My mom {Ilah's Abuela} got her a cute pair of Dora pj's, a musical clock, a Dora purse, the Leap Frog "Counting Candles" cake, and money for her savings account.





Ilah "reading" her birthday card from her Abuela....


Ilah's Dora pajamas....

Ilah's other set of grandparents gave her a plush pink doggy, Bible books, a piggy bank, a photo album, and lots of birthday cards.


Our little Ilah was extremely blessed on her birthday!

My next post will be about the keepsake box that I bought for Ilah, and all the special things that I will put in it to remember her 1st birthday by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...