Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ilah's First Christmas Tree!

Happy December 1st!! I have been so excited for Christmas this year! Can anyone guess why? Of course it's because we now have a baby who makes this time of year all the more wonderful! I've been anticipating Christmas morning with Ilah since last year! Last year, around Christmas, I was just weeks away from my due date and we all wondered if Ilah would make her entrance early and be born around Christmas time. I was so antsy to meet our little girl!! Ilah will be 11 1/2 months old this Christmas and although she is still a baby, she is a fun one! It has been literally a dream come true seeing her face light up just like the Christmas tree as she looks at all the ornaments in place, and even when she "begs" for a bite of the Christmas cookies that I have already started baking, it's so cute! Tis the season....to eat homemade treats!! And Ilah wants in on it!!

I shared in my Thanksgiving recap, that I put up Ilah's Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving {I grew up with the tradition that we always put up our Chritmas tree the day after Thankgiving so I'm following that tradition in our home now too!}. It was so much fun creating this special tree just for our little girl. It will be her tree for years and years to come!


I put a pretty cross at the top of the tree symbolizing that Jesus truly is the reason for the season!




I bought Ilah's 4 foot Christmas tree, and the ornaments, back in October. I knew that I wanted to decorate her tree to match the color scheme in her room and fell in love with the ornaments that I chose!








Ilah is mostly drawn to the round bulbs because they resemble the balls that she plays with! Ha!






It was hard to get really good pictures of the tree lit up, but here are a few....




In person, the tree is just so beautiful and it came together exactly how I envisioned!!

Our family Christmas tree is also up and decorated! I may not get around to posting pictures of it this week, but next week for sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...