Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Grocery Shopping with Mommy

Ilah took a looooong 3 hour nap today. I can't even remember the last time that happened. It's been months. At one point I checked to make sure the monitor wasn't frozen! And I even questioned if I should go upstairs to check on her. But I did that once before and she jumped right on up from her sleeping position and I could have kicked myself!!

After I fed Ilah lunch we headed out to do some grocery shopping. Earlier in the week, the weather was sooo nasty!! It was in the 30's here and sooo cold outside. But today it was in the 50's so I bundled Ilah up and we headed out.


On the way to the grocery store, "someone" took her warm fuzzy boot off.


And then her sock came off too.


Hey, if it makes for a happy giggling baby who has fun ammusing herself, than it's all good!


Look at that cute little foot : )

Before having a baby I would never consider going to the grocery store "getting out for some fresh air". But that's what it has now become - to both of us!

Grocery shopping takes twice as long with a little one in tow. And naturally, it doesn't take long for those little fingers to start grabbing at....everything. If you recall from this post, Ilah loooves my cell phone. While she still has her little pink one, and plays with it often, we also bought her this little toy phone {for just $2} that looks more real than her other one....

I keep "Ilah's phone" in my purse so that when we go out on shopping trips, it keeps her occupied ; ) It makes sounds {but the noise isn't high} and opens and closes and the screen changes pictures. One time while I was in TJ Maxx with Ilah, she dropped the phone on the floor and the gentleman next to me said, "Ugh. Don't you just hate it when that happens?". I told him it was ok because it wasn't real! ; )

Ilah is a people watcher {just like me}. She is always turning around in the cart so she has a full view of everyone, from every angle!

I noticed at the store today that Yoplait has "Dora" packaging on their yogurt for kids. Smart marketing Yoplait! Ilah would be all about it!

I tell you, this little girl is such a ham!....

I get stopped all the time when I'm out with Ilah. When people come close and start doting on her, she just stares at them. It's not until they walk away that she starts waving. Funny girl!

Hope you all have a great weekend, and for those of you who are in cold cities, stay warm! : ) The California girl in me still finds temperatures below 70 degrees to be cold. I about laughed out loud today when the radio host said it was a gorgeous day in the 50's!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...