Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Home Decor!

Christmas decor started going up in our home the day after Thanksgiving - starting with Ilah's Christmas tree. As much I love relishing in the spirit of the Christmas season, I truly love taking in Thanksgiving, which I feel often gets rushed over so that Christmas can be ushered in.

Last year during this time of year I was 9 months pregnant and eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first child. I didn't anticipate Christmas Day nearly as much as I anticipated our daughter's entrance into this world - and into our lives. Now, at 11 months old {as of yesterday}, Ilah will be sharing in all the splendor of Christmas with us!

Growing up, my mother used to beautifully, and impeccably, decorate our home for Christmas. As a child, I always wanted to help. I can still recall putting things perfectly in place and relishing in the time of year that I always knew stood for the celebration of Christ's birth. Now, as a wife and mother myself, I am implementing, in our home, many of the same traditions that I grew up with and have enjoyed bringing Christmas inside of our home and decorating for the holiday season!

If you are here from The Nesters 2010 Christmas Tour of Homes - or Kelly's Korner Blog....Welcome!! I'm glad that you have stopped by to visit my tiny corner of the blogging world! Step inside and have a look around our home! This is the largest picture post that I have ever done!! Hope you like pictures!!

I set out to make my own Christmas wreath this year. Although it didn't end up how I envisioned, it was good practice! I don't think I put a whole lot of love into it as it often got overlooked as I went on to "the next" thing! Whoops!


I moved this tassel from the coat closet door to the front door....


And on the coat closet door, I hung a stocking and put some poinsettias in it....


Onto the Christmas tree!!....


Our {fake} tree is 7', 5" tall and sits in our sunroom/seating room/breakfast nook area.

A close up of some of the ornaments.....











It took me quite a while to find a tree skirt. I fell in love with this one!....


While it may be too early to put cookies out for Santa, it's not too early for us to indulge in them!...



I have this book sitting on my kitchen counter. It's full of so many wonderful Christmas ideas {I posted pictures of the inside of the book here}.



Stockings were hung by the chimney {or in our case, the fireplace!} with care....


The stocking on the right matches our tree skirt : )






A close up of the stocking hanging element. I just love these!....


Onto the dining room. I didn't do a whole lot in here - aside from the poinsettia's, I worked with items that I already had....








The decorative garland on our staircase banister....






Onto the kitchen!....





This year my mom gave me this mini Christmas tree that I used to decorate when I was a kid! It was just a plain 'ol tree when I got it. I added all the embellishments to fancy it up!




Here's what it looks like lit up!....
There's a nook below our staircase where we have a desk {you can go here to see pictures of the space}. I decorated the top of the desk with a display of collectible carroling dolls....



These collectible carrollers were given out every year as a Christmas gift by a company that I used to work for. This is the first time that I have ever displayed them. I think this spot was the perfect place for them!





If you haven't yet seen Ilah's Christmas tree, here are a few photos!.....





You can go here to see more pictures of her tree!

Thanks for stopping by! Check out The Nester and Kelly's Korner Blog to virtually visit more homes that are decorated for Christmas!

May you and your family experience all the wonderful joys that this time of year brings....wonderful, warm memories of togetherness, love, and laughter; may it be yours this holiday season - and all throughout the year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...