Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Home Tour Mondays: The Kitchen

Sorry this post comes so late in the evening. I was on the go all day today! But even so, I wanted to get this post up - especially for those of you who have been on the look out for it today.

So...welcome to our kitchen!!








My baby proof oven/stove. Because, yes, Ilah can reach that high now! Hence, everything is now on lock down!....


Our island serves a dual purpose...it's a nice large extra space for preparing meals and baked goodies, but it's also a place where someone can pull up a chair and we can chat away - which means, it also provides extra seating. We've eaten here too!


The bar stools swivel all the way around, and we love the comfy large cushion.


On the island is an apothecary jar filled with fake lemons....


Also on the island are two pretty place settings....



The wicker chargers were purchased from Z-Gallerie....you can find great accent pieces there!



The decor above the kitchen cabinets....






I bought a picture, and a frame separate; combing them I created this little piece....


I don't like crowded counter tops. I prefer that just the every day essentials be left out. Which is why you don't see a toaster, or a blender, or a coffee pot out. I have those things, but they are in the cupboards below and we just take them out as we need them - and then put them back.


My two little "cookie" jars" that never hold cookies! Currently inside are bags of spices that my husband bought from an international market....


My fruit basket that is empty at the moment - but will be filled tomorrow!


I hope you enjoyed peeking into our kitchen!


Next week: The Living Room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...