Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Highlights!

Saturday morning we got up and headed out to get Ilah's "big girl" carseat! Yes, that time has come already. At just 7 months young, Ilah weighs 22 pounds so it was time to make the switch and make those cute chubby legs more comfortable : ) After a lot of research, we got one of the new Britax convertible carseats that just hit the market - the Boulevard 70 CS {rear facing up to 40 pounds/forward facing up to 70}. It's a carseat that has many safety features and one that Ilah can grow into for years to come. Pricey, but worth it!


While in Babies-R-Us, I spotted these cute sandals on clearance for $2. Aren't they cute?!...

Among some other things we picked up, I decided to try out the Baby Safe Feeder to see if Ilah would like it. I was eating some watermelon the other day and gave Ilah a lick because she was starring me down with that "please share with me, mommy" look. Well, she LOVED the watermelon but I couldn't just hand a chunk over to her {hello potential choking hazard!}, so things got a little messy. These little mesh bags became the perfect solution!

Ilah loved having her fruit handed over to her {she went to town on a piece of an apple}...

After our trip to Babies-R-Us, we took Ilah to my mom's house so they could spend a few hours together {and yes, Ilah spent some time with Dora too!} while mommy and daddy had an afternoon date. Don't worry, we don't leave Ilah standing in front of the tv like that!

We had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory! Yummmm!! And out of all the yummy things I could have ordered, I went with a Chinese Chicken Salad. I'm keeping my end goal in mind!

After lunch we went and saw Eat, Pray, Love. Have you seen it? If so, what did you think of it? I won't share my opinion just yet incase any of you haven't seen it yet.


Sunday was spent tending to our "to-do" lists. No fun. But things have to get done, right? Once again I pulled out clothes that Ilah is too big to wear and packed them away. While although there are a lot of empty hangers in the closet now, it's not only because her smaller clothes are now put away, but it's also a reminder that I need to do her laundry {which will only expand her clothes and this closet all the more}.


I started with washing and drying her sheets. The load of clothes will follow today.


In the afternoon I went to Aldi and saw these cheese straws {blends of cheddar, parmesean and blue cheese}. That sounded so yummy so I picked them up to try. I thought it would be a nice little extra goodness along side my salads.


After I got home, I made some smoothies for us....


And then I chatted up with a friend for a bit through facebook. Oh how I love the convenience of having internet on my phone!....


Then it was onto menu planning and coupon cutting....


While daddy was outside washing mommy's car, I gave our sweet girl a bath. Afterwards I was playing around with her with her onsie and snapped this picture of her with it on her head!....


I ordered a book a few weeks ago called "Friendship for Grown Up's". I'm half way through. Slowly but surely I'm making my way through it.

After Ilah went down for the night {7:45 p.m. last night}, the hubby went out to get us Chipotle for dinner. Don't you just love their chips and guacamole?!?!


I watched parts of the 62nd Annual Emmy's while grubbin' down.

And now, just like that, Monday is here.



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...