Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Highlights

Last Friday I went to ROSS - one of my favorite stores. Has been since I was in high school. My in-laws gave me a gift card there for my birthday so I excitedly entered the doors on Friday afternoon to see if they had anything inside with my name on it! I got this charcoal grey purse for $19.99....


And these cute navy blue wedge shoes {last one in my size}....


Steve Madden!


For just $21.99. Score!


When I got home, there was a card waiting for me in the kitchen from my husband....

It was one of those cute cards that play music when you open it - ha! Next to the card was the new Sarah McLachlan CD. Sarah has been out of the music scene for several years. When I heard that she was making a new album, I couldn't wait to get it and add it to my collection....

Friday night we had some friends over and ordered Chinese take-out. We played a game of Monopoly - which last 4 hours!....


Saturday was a lazy day spent at home, with lots of entertainment from our little one! Last weekend I removed the top portion of Ilah's playpen {after she was getting a little too courageous with grabbing the top with both of her hands and jumping up and down on her cute little bottom}. Now that Ilah is getting so mobile {yesterday she began sitting herself up all on her own!} she is playing completely safely down at the bottom of her playpen now....


The only place that I went to over the weekend was to Costco. It was a quick in-and-out trip to grab just a few things. I started out just needing Olive Oil {because I used the last of it making the below fried zucchini! Yum!} but the list grew to a few more things. I was still able to whip through the self-checkout so that was good! Because let me tell you....a trip to Costco during the weekend is a ZOO!!

While technically I am known as a "Stay at Home Mom", I think of myself more as CEO of our household! Ha! While although the majority of my days are spent taking care of our sweet girl, cleaning the house, and cooking up meals, I also take delight in "managing" our household as a whole....and a lot goes into that! Indeed, it's a job in itself but I truly do enjoy it. I take great pride in ensuring that things are in order {I am highly organized!}....and that we are saving where we can {normally I hunt for coupons online on Mondays; these are just a few others that I need to put with the ones that will be printed out}....

A total random side note: When I was pregnant, Excedrin and I had to part ways. I didn't want our relationship to be over, but it had to be. I am glad to say that we are now "reunited and it feels so good".....

During the first few months of being a newlywed, I purchased the below book {How to Debt Proof Your Marriage by Mary Hunt} from our local Family Christian Store....

Not only does the book discuss simple ways for getting out - and staying out - of debt, but it covers a wide range of topics, which is why I bought it. Some topics include including his needs and her needs in a marriage, how to comprise a spending plan, elements of a financial plan, establishing a contingency fund and a freedom account {and how to maintain them}, formulas for giving, spending, and saving - and other various ways to grow your money. It is such a great book! Over the weekend I re-read all the pages that I highlighted months back as this week I will begin putting several principals in this book to practice. Quoting a line from the book: "Money is not for spending. Money is for managing first, and then for spending". I am very conscious of our long-term {and even our short-term} goals and am adamant about living by the above principal.

I also spent some time over the weekend keeping up Ilah's baby book and transferring the milestones on her calendar into her baby journal....


Sunday night I printed out my weekly menu planner and thought about what meals to cook up for the week. I'll be checking out foodnetwork.com today for new, yummy, healthy recipes to try out!.....


We've said good-bye to all Johnson & Johnson baby products {as advised by Ilah's pediatrician at her last visit}. We now bathe her using a bar of Cetaphil and after her bath we lather up those cute little rolls with Eucerin {both were recommended by Ilah's pediatrician, who I just love by the way}.....


Here's Ilah during "tubby time" last night....

While I was out shopping on Friday, I came across a totally cute "Time Out" chair {at HomeGoods}.....

Here's a close up of what it says....

When I saw this little chair, my mind started fast forwarding to the time {that will come all too quickly} when Ilah is no longer a baby, but a little toddler ....a toddler who may be needing some discipline from time to time. I don't want my little baby to grow up too soon but the months are just flying by.

I hope you all had a great weekend and that a wonderful week is ahead of you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...