Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Our Monday

Over the weekend I made the decision that although it's extremely hot here in Atlanta right now, it shouldn't be a reason why I don't get out and walk and stay committed to losing weight. Because I don't want Ilah to be out in such crazy heat {nor do I}, my walks just need to be done first thing in the morning, after Ilah has had her first feeding of the day {which is around 8 a.m.}. So this morning I was out of the house by 9 a.m. while the weather was in the 80's and bearable. We even got some breeze. Where it came from, I have no idea - but I was thankful for the little bit that did wisp by!

There's a big loop by our house that is just shy of 2.5 miles if you walk it in its entirety {which is about 50 minutes}. I like walking along this path rather than walking inside of our subdivision because I'm unable to return home after only walking for all of 10 minutes!


With sippy cup in hand, filled with refreshing water, we strolled the path this morning.....

It felt good to be out early in the morning. I never have to be anywhere early so a morning walk is something that I can plan into our day at least 3 - 4 times a week. I liked taking my daughter out for some fresh air, giving us both a change of scenery, and personally being active.

This morning I got a little bold and walked all the way to Super Target!....

I needed to pick up something from Target so I figured why not just walk there. It's not too far from where the loop is - where I was already walking - so I just kept going...all the way to Target {where air condition awaited us}! I easily walked 5 miles today. Phew!!

I decided to peruse the toy aisle for fun. I have only purchased stuffed animals and books for Ilah - no toys - so I was curious what things are on the shelves these days. My mother is always buying and giving Ilah something new and fun so the girl is definitely not deprived!

This cute little potty seat caught my eye since Ilah gets so excited watching Dora, The Explorer....

I used to LOVE playing with Play-Doh when I was little!! There are so many neat things that you can make with play-doh now, like this "cake makin' station".....


Ahhh....the "My Little Pony" days!! I wonder if Ilah will be into them as much as I was....

Barbies took over the entire "aisle 2". When I looked at them I was a bit surprised by how totally different Barbie looks these days. There are a gazillion different types/looks. All I will say is "interesting".


I think I will want Ilah sticking to her love of Dora for a very long time!.....

I was never into dress-up growing up {that I recall, but I was totally into Barbies} but I know many little girls love to zip into little fancy dresses, put their feet into "high heels" and adorn their pretty little heads tiara's.

Walking down aisles and aisles of toys today made me think about Ilah growing into a big girl and wondering what things will be her favorites in the upcoming years.

I managed to leave Target not buying one thing for Ilah. That might have been the first. I seem to always give into getting something for her.

At the end of our walk, Ilah was pooped....

Afterwards we went to my in-laws house for a few hours and then back home for naptime {for Ilah, not me. How nice that would have been! But I needed to get dinner ready}.

I hope you all had a great weekend...and that Monday was a good day for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...