Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Ilah's Beginner Books

A few days ago I headed out to look for some books for Ilah. Although she already has quite a few, they are "story books". I wanted to find some books that focused on numbers, colors and first words. I knew that Marshalls carried a large quantity of books for little ones - I also knew that I would need to really "search" through them. I was optimistic that I would find a few books for Ilah there and sure enough I did....

I couldn't believe that I found these two beginner books made by the same company. These books were no where near eachother. I couldn't believe that I found a pair : )

Yesterday afternoon, Ilah and I sat down to "read" together. We've been reading to her ever since she was a baby, although she obviously couldn't comprehend what we were saying. But I believe that reading to your baby is very important, for reasons outlined here and here.



The pages in the books are made of thick cardboard - very easy for little hands to turn : )







"Hey Mommy. What are you doing up there?".....

"Since you're taking pictures, can you get a close up of my little dress?".....


"Umm. Mommy. How long am I going to have to read this book?".....

Ilah had a better idea.....

The girl puts everything in her mouth these days! Her brand new books now have her little teeth marks in them. Ha!


"Mommy, forget reading time. Let me show you how I crawl"...

Yes, friends. Ilah is now crawling!!

The second half of the Number's book teaches simple mathematical concepts, up to the number 10.

The "My First Words Book" introduces babies to colors, shapes and the things that they see in their every day world.



Sure, I could have gone to a regular book store to get books like the ones above, but I love a good deal....

And there you have it. Two new books that are on Ilah's "summer reading list". Ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...