Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Few Additional Touches to Ilah's Nursery

This past weekend I added a few additional touches to Ilah's nursery {you can go here to see lots of pictures of her little haven}.

We have been wanting to add additional seating {an ottoman} to Ilah's room for a while now. We play with the baby on the floor most of the time but sometimes when my husband and I, or my mom and I, are just in the room chatting, one person is sitting on the glider while the other person has to stand or sit on the floor. I finally came across an ottoman that was comfy, chic, and inexpensive. I purchased it at Home Goods last week...

I placed this pillow {that was a part of Ilah's overflowing Easter basket}, and this little bear, on the ottoman....

Here is a picture of the pattern close up....


I bought a little basket to put Ilah's books in, along with some of her small handheld toys....




I purchased a large pillow to act as a "back cushion"....


Once Ilah starts to climb, this ottoman may be moved so that she doesn't knock down the pictures above it. Although, you never know....Ilah just may be a good listener and this ottoman may be able to stay in place....
{The door seen in its entirety below is the main door into her room; the open door on the right is the access door to the bathroom}.

You'll notice in the first set up pictures posted of Ilah's nursery that where the ottoman now is, used to be a small rocking chair and a small wrought iron table. For now, those two things will go in our garage and we will pull them back out when Ilah is at the age where she can actually use them.

When Ilah was about 2 months old, we bought her this musical mobile....


She loves looking up at those little bunnies!....


I also added those two pictures on the left wall....
Here's a close up of them....


In Ilah's bathroom space, I bought the below picture and put it in place this past weekend....

Here's a close up....


I'm definitely not a designer, but I think Ilah has a pretty little space that she can grow into for years to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...