Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Letting You In More

Some of you may have wondered why I suddenly put a poll up on the left side of my blog inquiring if my readers classified themselves as belonging to a particular religion.

A few weeks ago, I did some self-reflection, which I think it always good for the soul. And I wanted to share with you one of the things that resonated with me.

My blog has drawn in women who are brides, wives, and mothers {and single women who are on a journey to become one of the above or are just curious about it all}. Seemingly, the majority of my posts have been comprised of topics and content that has enabled my readers to relate to one, or more, of the above titles. But how often have I used my blog as an outlet to discuss my faith in God, the fortitude that I find in His word, and my foundation as a Christian? Sadly, not many. And I think it’s time that I change that.

Last year I was preparing to become a bride. Now I am a wife. And just recently, I have become a mother. Yet through it all, before it all, I was – I am – a Christian.

In the past, I’ve veered from writing posts related to spiritual subject matter because I didn’t want to offend readers. Religion can be a delicate subject, as many people have different views and beliefs. It’s just like politics. Arguments can quickly erupt and I didn’t want that here. So I muted myself from speaking about God too much.

I put up the poll on my blog because it struck me that I have hundreds and hundreds of posts about monotonous things – but just a handful of ones in which I have shared the goodness of God. I speak of many great things happening in my life, but I don’t outright credit God for them [in my posts]. How can my heart be full of so much love for the Lord yet I primarily keep this part of my life concealed from you? I’ve allowed the Lord into my life, my home - but not out on this blog? These questions made me examine my heart.

I was curious how many of you associated yourself to a certain religion, or considered yourself a person of faith, because I’m going to begin expanding the content on my blog. I’ve become very aware that I’ve been hiding my light – I need to make it brighter.

I was happy to see that, based on the poll results so far, a vast majority of women who read this blog are women of faith and spirituality. Many of you stop in to read about how my life is going as a new wife and a new mother, but it seems you would also enjoy relating to me on a transparent, spiritual level. Would I be right in that thinking?

I don’t want you to think that my blog is suddenly going to go from light and airy topics to hardcore religious doctrine. Absolutely not. In fact, I myself am turned off by such rhetoric. I simply look forward to sharing my heart with all of you more and opening the door for us to mutually speak openly about another area of our lives that we find to also be important to us.

EDIT:

I wanted to openly answer a question that a reader asked me in her comment about this post:
"Are women of spirituality and faith, in your opinion, solely Christian?".

Here is my answer:
We are a world divided into spiritual groups, in which we all coexist among one another. Whether a person communes with God through prayer, meditates in the state of Zen, practices Scientology, or is a part of the new age movement, most people desire to connect spiritually with a religion, or a practice, that exists {as evidenced by the varrying answers given in my poll}, so no - in my opinion, women {or men} of spirituality and faith are not solely Christians. In addition, above all, I look at the HEART of people - not their religious association, if they have any.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...