Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ilah's Days

We seem to have naturally fallen into a routine around here. And a good one at that. Here's what we're doing at 2 1/2 months of age....

Ilah wakes up for her morning feeding between 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. and after a diaper change we usually always nestle together in bed for a little morning nap that lasts for about 2 hours. I just love this time with her and I know she does too. Then we get up, I dress her for the day, and we go downstairs and play for about an hour until her next feeding. The rest of the morning and afternoon is filled with things like tummy time, swing time, playpen time, and lots and lots of mommy time where I talk to her, laugh with her, sing to her and play with her. She always takes a few afternoon naps that usually lasts around 2 hours a piece and I use that time to make more bottles, eat lunch, go through mail, hop on the computer, and then on any given day tend to laundry {hers and ours}, clean the upstairs rooms and tackle things on my "to do" list. Now that the weather is warming up, I will soon be incorporating afternoon walks into our schedule. Around 4:30 p.m./5:00 p.m., I place Ilah in her swing as I prepare dinner and when Daddy comes home from work he scoops up his little girl and they have fun interacting with each other until we decide to sit down and eat. Sometimes Ilah will take a short nap in the early evening and we can catch up a show or two that we recorded. Later in the evening is when we read to her, give her baths on certain nights, and pray with her - and over her - before putting her down for the night {around 10:30 p.m./11:30 p.m.}. We've never had any trouble getting Ilah to go to sleep; thankfully it has come easy. She falls asleep right after finishing her bottle and stays asleep until about 4:00 a.m. when she wakes up for her next feeding {and then she goes right back to sleep afterwards}. The next day roles around in what seems like 3.5 seconds and we do everything all over again.

This isn't a schedule that I purposely developed, nor is it one that I am strict about adhering to. And I'm sure overtime it will change. I just go with Ilah's flow {and sometimes she goes with mine}.

I mentioned that Ilah plays in her playpen for a little while every afternoon. I put it together a few weeks ago {I spared my husband from adding another thing to his "honey-do list"} and she just loves her time in there, staring up at all the animals. She just coo's and coo's!! I can't get enough of her little sounds! I just love watching her and hearing her have so much fun!







So what exactly was this little girl trying to say when she looked back and stuck her tongue out at me while I was taking pictures of her?! Ha ha!!

I can't get enough of this girl!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...