Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where To Put All These Bows!

There are two things that you probably notice when looking at the below picture of our sweet girl...

1.) She's adorable!! As in...really, really adorable {doesn't every mom say that!? Ha!}

2.) The pretty bow on her head!

Boy, does this girl have LOTS of bows for being just 6 weeks old! They were starting to consume her drawer space so I needed a solution.

When I was buying things to decorate Ilah's nursery, I purchased the below plaque to go on one of the walls in her room but I ended up hanging other elements in the space where this was going to go. However, I didn't want to return the plaque because I really liked it - it matched her nursery decor and and I especially liked the wording on it....

So I had a thought to take all of Ilah's bows and make a bow holder out of it! So yesterday I took all of the bows out of her drawer {this doesn't include her headbands!}....

I always have ribbon in the house for wrapping gifts so I went in "the ribbon bag" and pulled one out that I thought matched nicely....


I equally measured out two strips of ribbon and hot glued them to the back of the plaque....

Then I lined up all the bows in the order that I wanted to place them in [on the strands of ribbon] {I'm anal like that!}....

After my little project was complete {which took me all of 10 minutes} I hung the plaque on the left side of the wall inside of Ilah's walk-in closet....

Having the bows on display in this way is so much better than having them inside of a drawer where they were stacked on top of eachother. Now while I'm in her closet picking out her outfit of the day, I can just turn around and match the outfit to a cute bow more easily : )

Considering that I already had everything on hand {plaque, bows, ribbon, hot glue gun, nail and screwdriver!}, this was a great, cute, and FREE little project that I had a fun time doing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...