Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Questions and Answers, Part 3 {Favorite Bakery & Favorite Restaurants in Atlanta}

I've been asked what my favorite bakery in Atlanta is and what some of my favorite restaurants are. Let me start of by saying...

I love to eat. Seriously. It's one of my greatest passions.

My husband will attest that I'm not a woman who relishes in buying purses, shoes, and clothes {home decor is a different story} - but when it comes to food, I'll drop some bills! I appreciate savory food, and a great ambiance to boot. I love discovering new eateries that surprisingly turn into a favorite spot to frequent. Here are some of them....
This is actually the place where, On November 2, 2006 {over dinner} my husband first expressed his feelings for me and the night that our courtship began.
On the way out, we discovered that the other half of the restaurant was a French bakery. We returned there for pastries not too long after and it became our absolute favorite bakery in all of Atlanta to get desserts from!

It's about 35 minutes from our house but we will gladly go out of our way when we get a craving for their decadent freshly made petit fours {which we had a full spread of at our wedding!}....

Figo Pasta ($-$$).

My favorite food is Italian. Yummm!! I head to Figo when I'm craving true authentic Italian food. At Figo, you create your own dish by choosing your own homemade pasta, sauce, and add in's {or you can select a dish that's already on their menu} - all made fresh daily.

Figo is a quaint, bright, relaxed Italian eatery - I've dined at three different locations in Atlanta.


The Real Chow Baby ($$)

A casual dining experience, The Real Chow Baby is an all you can eat "create-your-own stir-fry" restaurant. You fill a bowl with your choice of noodles, rice, vegetables, sauces, spices, meats, and seafood selections. The chefs then transform the ingredients in your bowl into a delicious stir-fry lunch or dinner...and when it's done, you enjoy your creation!

Cafe Intermezzo ($$).

A European coffee house in the middle of Atlanta. I love this place!!! Every time I go there, I truly feel like I'm a world away. Before getting married, I used to live within just two miles from a Cafe Intermezzo and I went there a lot. I aways started off with their Artisnal Cheese, fruit and cracker platter and for my main course would get their delicious Italian Gnocchi {potato-semolina dumplings with mushrooms and tomatoes in a lemon-rosemary cream sauce, topped with parmesan cheese - yumm!!}.

And you can't go to Cafe Intermezzo without visiting their dessert display where you can choose from a variety of pastries - including cakes, tortes, tarts, cheesecakes, pies, etc. Our favorite is The Duemo Cake!! Heaven on Earth!! You can also conclude your meal with any of their many hot, delicious latte's or cappacinos!! Some nights we've gone just to Cafe Intermezzo for dessert and a warm yummy drink!!


Wildfire ($$-$$$)

Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for having a nice dinner out with friends or a quiet, romantic evening for two.

The extensive menu features steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen ....

When Wildfire first opened in Atlanta, management paid attention to who the frequent diners were and placed their name(s) on a plaque and displayed them on a wall in their upscale dining room. We ate there so much in our dating years that we actually got our names on one of those plaques! Every time we dine at Wildfire and see our name on that plaque it's a sweet reminder of our "early years" together.


Fogo de Chao ($$$$)

Fogo de Chao is an authentic Brazilian steakhouse. You have to go here on an empty stomach!! Why?....

Because at Fogo de Chao you are offered 15 cuts of meat and offered continuous tableside service until turn over a small sign on your side of the table that says "stop!". Included in the price per person is a gourmet salad bar, and authentic Brazilian side dishes that keep coming out!!


Fogo de Chao is definitely an upscale, pricey restaurant {will run you about $55 per person} but it's worth every penny!

Sundial Restaurant ($$$$)

There's no other place in Atlanta like The Sun Dial Restaurant. It's a revolving upscale restaurant that offers breathtaking 360-degree panorama views of the magnificent Atlanta skyline.

Situated on the 73rd floor of The Westin Hotel, there's no other place in Atlanta that will give you a combination of unbeatable views, classic cuisine, live jazz and a relaxing ambiance.

And while I love this restaurant, it's mostly because of the romantic ambiance created by the views that this rotating restaurant offers. The food is delectable but the portions aren't that big. Still, Sun Dial is the ultimate Atlanta dining experience.

There are other places in Atlanta that I also enjoy eating at but these are my fav's. If you live in Atlanta and haven't been to any of the above places, I encourage you to give them a try. And if you're just a bypasser in town on vacation, be sure to hit up one {or more} of these yummy restaurants that will be sure to not dissapoint!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...