Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Date Night

I wanted to squeeze in one last night of spontaneity before the baby arrives so I phoned my husband at work yesterday and asked him what he thought of dinner and a movie. He has been dying to see Avatar - and I've been dying to have some Italian food. We had such a fun night being out and about together!!

See those basket of bread rolls? I ate 6 of them over dinner!! They were soooo good!!....

We had about an hour to kill before the movie started so we went to Barnes & Noble, which was next door to the theatre....


They sell Cheesecake Factory pastries in there and I was all about reading up on Kourtney Kardashian's labor experience and life as a new mom, while chowing down a red velvet cupcake!

Now you see it....


Now you don't!....


Avatar was a really good movie. James Cameron is a creative genius. We saw the movie in 3D {a must}. This is one of those movies where seeing it on the big screen is the only way to go....


Since my back is killing me these days, and we knew that sitting in a theatre for 3 hours would be rather uncomfortable for me, the hubby thought ahead and grabbed a pillow to take along with us which really helped....


It's really cold in so many parts of the U.S. - including Atlanta. Yesterday afternoon we got snow flurries and by the time evening rolled around, this is what it looked like when we got out of the theatre and saw my car....

The road was a bit icy so we creeped on the highway driving home. Our hospital bags and the baby's car seat were in the car "just in case".

While I am so excited that we will soon have a precious baby, I was a bit emotional today thinking about how it won't just be the two of us anymore after Ilah is born next week. She will enhance our life in so many ways but I was just thinking about the transition that we are about to go through. I am so glad that we took the time last night to have a special date night, just the two of us. It was filled with lots of romantic glances, smiles and deep laughs, hand holding and cuddling, and good conversation. And while we didn't do anything grand per-say, it was a night to remember. Forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...