Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back From the Doctor - 39 Week Visit

Curious what my 39 week belly looks like?

Here you go…


An off-the-wall thing to note prior to my Doctor appointment:

The last thing to put on before I left the house for my Doctor’s appointment was a pair of socks. In the hunt to find a pair of black ones to match my black pants, all I could find was a pair of brown ones. Lot’s of single black socks who don’t have mates – but not a pair of them. How does that happen? Do washing machines/dryer’s have throats that swallow socks? I wasn’t going to stress it. I put on the brown pair and called it a day. I headed out mismatched….black pants with brown socks. Whatever.


Onto the Doctor's appointment:

Normally I’m in and out at the Doctor’s office but today it took forever for the Doctor to come to my room to begin my exam. I kid you not – I was in there so long that I had memorized every scuff mark along the walls and just about memorized every label on every bottle sitting on the counter tops. I was just about to get started on counting the number of small holes in the ceiling when the Doctor finally made his entrance. Patience isn’t my middle name. And I was especially overly antsy for this particularly appointment.

Here’s how it went:

  • My blood pressure was once again on the high side {140 over 80}.
  • The Doctor did an ultrasound and it’s estimated that little Ilah isn’t so little…right now he estimates 8 pounds, 6 ounces {he said Doctor’s can never be100% accurate – it’s just a gauge – that it could be 15% less or 15% more}.
  • Baby’s heartbeat, blood levels, water, etc. is all in the normal range so everything checked out good there. And he could see how much this little girl likes to move about; she hardly kept still.
  • Vaginal exam showed that I am still not dilated. At all. As in…zero. As in 0. As in…zilch.
  • The Doctor took my blood pressure again at the end of the exam and it was back to normal {he said it was likely because I had been sitting/laying down for a bit}.
  • I’m measuring at 39 weeks and 4 days.
  • The Doctor said that it would be ideal if my water broke in the elevator on the way out of the building. He really thinks it’s time for Ilah to come on out. He wants to see me again on Monday – specifically to ensure that my blood pressure isn’t continuing to climb. He basically told us to come with our hospital bags in the trunk because if my blood pressure is high, and the baby is just about 9 pounds at that point, he will be sending me straight to the hospital for a c-section. But anything could *naturally* happen between now and Monday {which he is hoping is the case}; we will talk about different scenarios on Monday based on my blood pressure reading. But he did agree with the other Doctor that I saw last week in that they will not take me past my due date {which is next Wednesday}.

I got home, ate lunch, changed into my comfy flannel Paul Fank jammies and crawled into bed....with my brown socks still on....


Ilah's carseat is waiting by the door...

I can't tell you how many times I look at it and imagine her in it.

Not too much longer!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...