Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Recap

Aside from spending Saturday and Sunday morning vomiting, the weekend was a great one. We got the call that the glider and ottoman for the nursery arrived so after a few hours of Saturday relaxation, we bundled up in 37 degree weather around 6:30 p.m. and made our way to the store to pick it up. It sure is beginning to get cold in Atlanta! I'll have you all know that while at Babies-R-Us, I picked up at least five outfits for Ilah that I found to be adorable - but then put them back because she already has enough clothes. The husband was surprised at my willpower to walk away from the cute wee little outfits! And truthfully, so was I! I really do try to tune into "need versus" want"; it's so easy to go baby crazy, especially with your first.

Below are just some of the items that my mom recently purchased for Ilah during one trip to Babies-R-Us {you oughtta see all the outfits she has bought her!}; it seems like every time I talk to my mom she is at some store buying something for her granddaughter. Think she's excited?? She loves preparing for Ilah's arrival just as much as I do!


Sunday afternoon my hunk-a-burnin-love and I headed out for lunch. Here I am at nearly 35 weeks pregnant!....


There was not one thing left on my plate after having lunch at PF Chang! I could barely breathe when I finished but it was so worth it! Ha!


I put out these linen monogram towels in our bathroom this weekend {I purchased the set for just $7.99 at Homegoods}.




We also put these scented sachets in sporatic places for a nice smell throughout our house....


You may recall from this post, we were excited to learn that our wedding was going to be featured in The Knot, Georgia! This weekend we received a package with three complimentary copies of the issue that we are featured in! The magazine will hit newsstands on December 15th. Below is our 4 page spread! I've also been loving servicing clients through my wedding planning business; although the planning of our wedding has come to an end, my love and total enjoyment for weddings hasn’t {you can go here to read my initial announcement and here to view my website}.


Sunday night we rented the movie Away We Go {A couple who is expecting their first child travel around the U.S. in order to find a perfect place to start their family. Along the way, they have misadventures and find fresh connections with an assortment of relatives and old friends who just might help them discover "home" on their own terms for the first time}. It was a cute movie that we really liked because it was light-hearted, and full of humor. While I mostly laughed during the movie, I cried maybe twice - because being pregnant myself, I could totally relate to a few of the scenes!



As much as I love feeling Ilah move about in my belly, that's about the ONLY thing that I have enjoyed while being pregnant. You better believe that while at my Doctor visit last Thursday I picked up pamphlets on birth control. As much as I know I'll love this little girl of ours, I don't want her to have a brother or a sister anytime soon.

I hope you all had a great weekend! I'm sure many of you tended to getting ready for Christmas, which is quickly approaching! I have added some links to the left of my blog. Check 'em out if you want to check out other people's Christmas trees and take a peek into other people's holiday decor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...