Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Questions and Answers, Part 2


QUESTION #1

Q: How do you feel about having a baby within the first year of marriage?

A: My husband and I were on the same page with wanting to start trying to conceive within the first year of marriage. But I didn’t think I would become pregnant within the first month! I knew "how" a baby was made {lol!} but I wasn’t conscious about the ovulation period when a woman is at her highest probable chance of conception. We just figured that I would become pregnant whenever it happened – personally, I thought it would take at least 6 months. Needless to say, I was absolutely shocked when I discovered I was pregnant within two weeks of returning from our honeymoon! We were stunned but overjoyed. A little nervous, but thankful.

I think there's a lot to evaluate before bringing a baby into the world. For us, we knew that we would be bringing our little one into a loving, stable, Godly home in which her needs would be provided for. I have an incredible husband, we have a new home, we're financially stable and our baby will have supportive grandparents who live close by. Since these things were already aligned for us, I never worried that the timing wasn't right.

My husband and I, both independently and together, have lived life to its fullest – and will continue to do so even after the baby is born. I’ve traveled to 14 countries and more than half of the states in the US and my husband has taken in his share of travels as well. We’ve both pursued, and accomplished, many things that we have been passionate about, and we will continue to do so. We’ve taken part in many ministry opportunities and mission trips and desire to spread the love of God whether in our back yard or abroad, and want to walk through as many open doors of opportunity as we can.

Ilah will be an additional blessing to our life and we look forward to making her, and our future children, a part of the many memories that my husband and I will continue to create together in our lifetime.

QUESTION #2

Q: Do you worry about the actual vaginal delivery? I'm worried about it and I'm not even pregnant yet! How do you handle knowing this challenge is coming up, or is it not a worry to you?

A: I never started thinking about “delivery day” until about a month ago. And even then, I more started wondering what time of day or night my water might break, would it break at all or would I just begin having contractions, how the drive to the hospital would go, and imagining checking into the room, putting on the hospital gown and wondering how I would feel in those moments leading up to meeting our baby! Even now, just two weeks away from my due date, my excitement to hold our little girl in my arms is trumping any fear of a vaginal delivery {I’m more afraid of a c-section than a vaginal delivery}. But it does amaze me how women were created to birth another human being. There are times when I look down at my stomach and I say, “Wow, she’s been growing in there for 9 months! That’s amazing! And somehow she’s gonna make her way out”. Lol!

QUESTION #3

Q: What are you using on your stomach to not get any stretchmarks?

A: I did a post here on what I’ve been using. I still don’t have any stretch marks. PTL!

QUESTION #4

Q: How did you decide that breast feeding was not for you?

A: I just knew that when I posted that I wouldn’t be breastfeeding that I would get questions about it; lol! Let me answer it this way. There are many reasons why women choose not to breastfeed:
  • Medical problems; an infection or condition that can be given to the baby through milk
  • Baby has a hard time latching on and unable to suck sufficiently
  • Breastfeeding can be painful
  • Pumping hurts; mom can’t pump enough milk to keep up with babies daily intake
  • The child doesn’t take the mothers milk
  • Inverted Nipples
  • Both mother and baby need plenty of patience and persistence to get used to the routine of breastfeeding
  • Psychological reasons; doesn’t feel comfortable with it
  • Uncomfortable breastfeeding in public
  • With formula, others can help with feedings

    I’ll just say that one, or more than one, of the above reasons is why I’m choosing not to.


QUESTION #5

Q: Who customized your blog?

A: My husband did! He’s a computer guru. I just told him what I wanted and ta-da!

Images used on my blog came from istock.com, and shabbyblogs.com.

Here are some other sites to fancy up your blog for free....

Leelou Free Blog Layouts and her old template designs here.

paigeandbrooke.blogspot.com

kevinandamanda.com; free fonts here.

Cutest Blog on the Block {check out the left hand column that says "Grab what you want"}.


Questions and Answers, Part 3 to come!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...