Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Good Friends Are Like Stars

Yesterday a packaged arrived from my dear friend Jennifer who lives back in my home state of California. We've been friends for nearly 11 years. We used to live just two streets over from eachother, and also used to work together for several years, so spending time together was so easy to do and something we did often. Even though distance now separates us, we are still in touch several times a week - and although we have the phone, text messages, and emails to keep up connected, there's just nothing like being with your friend in person. I miss her so much!

Ever since finding out I was pregnant, Jennifer has been there with words of encouragement, funny pregnancy stories, personal advice, cards in the mail, and gifts to let me know that she's thinking of me and is so excited for this time in my life of me becomming a mommy.

Yesterday, a package arrived in the mail. Jenn had a blanket made for little Ilah and I just love it!! It even matches one of Ilah's burp cloths!

The blanket came with a cute little card that read:

Jessica,

I wish I could have been there every step of the way with you. I'm so happy for you and Dele;
you will both make wonderful parents to Ilah!

I love you,
Jen


Jennifer threw my bridal shower for me last October, flew out with her husband to attend our wedding this past March, and has been itching for a recent visit to see me in all my pregnant glory, but unfortunately I've just been too sick to give her the kind of visit that I think she would deserve when traveling this far. I hope to see her not too long after our baby is born.


“Good friends are like stars.... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there”.

Thank you for being such a wonderful friend all these years, Jenn! I love you and I can't wait for you to meet little Ilah!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...