Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Movie Night

A few nights ago - with popcorn, lemonade, and gobstoppers within arms reach - the hubby and I watched a movie that we had tivo'd {it took me a week to finish that king size box of gobstoppers! Again, a random pregnancy craving - I never eat jawbreakers}.


The movie we watched was The Talented Mr. Ripley. Although it came out ten years ago, we both never saw it. The description seemed interesting enough so we cuddled up and hit play. What a looong movie. It started off holding our attention but midway through it dragged and dragged and dragged. If it wasn't for the movie being filmed in Italy I would have been completely disinterested in continuing to watch it. When it somewhat picked up and began to hold our attention again we thought perhaps the ending would be the best part. Not so much. When the credits suddenly rolled, we turned to eachother in disbelief that THAT'S how the movie ended. Then again, some people who saw this movie may have thought it was great {kinda like how I loved the movie Babel when others totally hated it!}. I'd give The Talented Mr. Ripley a 2 out of 4 stars {maybe 2 1/2 because I got to see so many gorgeous cities and beaches throughout Italy. Here is a great article on all the locations throughout Italy where the movie was filmed}.

I gotta give it to Gwyneth Paltrow though - she looks exactly the same now as she did ten years ago! I need to know what skin cream she uses - ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...