Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dealing

I've been feeling a bit "blah" lately. It's all attributed to pregnancy. I have major insomnia and usually don't go to sleep until around 2:30 a.m. every night. This means that I usually wake up in the morning between 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. When I first open my eyes I'm able to determine how intense my nausea is {yes, I'm still dealing with morning sickness} - if my nausea is real bad, I pop a zofran pill right away {praying I won't spend a half hour vomitting} and try to fall back asleep until it kicks in - or I see if the nausea will diminish if I just continue to lay still for another hour or so.

I sleep on 5 - 6 pillows every night....it helps with my back pain. I'll curl one up and place it in the middle of my lower back, use one between my legs, and prop the other ones against each other making a comfortable "pile". I have to sleep high up on the pillows. If I lay my head flat on a pillow I instantly feel lightheaded and nauseated.

Even with all the pillows, I end up tossing and turning until I find that "right spot". And usually it's then that I have to get up to go to the bathroom {{sigh}}.

I hate having to cancel get togethers with friends. I look forward to spending time with them but when that date on the calendar rolls around I'm either physically exhausted or just too sick to make a go of it. For that reason, I decided to not even have a baby shower. Yes, Im still feeling THAT BAD these days. I just want to be in bed. I'm even watching our church services online these days. I can no longer spring out of bed in the morning, spend 45 minutes standing up to get dressed and do my hair, bare a car drive that will likely make me sick, and then uncomfortably sit upright in a seat for an hour and a half. My back couldn't take it. And have I mentioned that my feet are starting to occasionally swell?

Surely this is what house arrest feels like.

On a happy note, the baby furniture arrived and it's now sitting in our house! I'm looking forward to putting the nursery together over the next few days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...