Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Showcasing the Fall Decor in Our Home

Last year I hit up the "after Christmas" sales and "ooh-ed and aww-ed" at all of the gorgeous finds that I got at 75% off. I purchased chic stockings, beautiful tree ornaments, pretty tablescape pieces, and many other home decor elements in anticipation of our first Christmas in our brand new home. I couldn't wait until this Christmas when I could put all of those things in place and transform the rooms in our home into elegant Christmas spaces.

But I won't be putting anything out this year.

Our baby is due just a few weeks after Christmas and I don't want to go through the exhausting task of decorating our home while being 8 months pregnant and then tackle the chore of taking down all of the embellishments while also tending to a precious newborn. So all of my pretty Christmas decor will have to wait until next year to grace our home. I'm too much of a perfectionist to just "throw things up" and then "throw everything in a box" once Christmas is over. I take after my mom's system of doing things...which means properly wrapping up every single ornament and decor piece carefully...in bubble wrap...even if it takes 5 minutes to do just one.

With all that said...fall has officially made its presence known and I decided that I would at least subtly fancy up our home for fall, adding some little touches "here and there".

Have a looksie at the fall decor that I have in our home:

The wreath hanging outside our door:


I changed out the candles in our entryway...

And hung this pillow on the door of our coat closet:


Above the fireplace mantle I put these "Harvest" block letters in place...



The pillows on the below chairs were ones that I already had in place:


I just added these ceramic pumpkins on the table to spruce up the area a bit for fall:


On our kitchen island I filled an apothecary jar with fall foliage...


And decorated the place settings in fall colors...

I bought a Spiced Pumpkin candle to give off a sweet oroma to fill our house...


I already had these orange pillows in place on our living room furniture...


In the dining area, I put out just a few things to fancy up the table a bit...


I bought a new table runner, changed out the candles, and put some pumpkins in place...


I accented our desk area with an orange pillow, added some scented foliage inside of the vase, and placed a small pumpkin next to it...


I also bought a new cook book filled with yummy recipes! And bought the serving set to the left for just $5 on sale!

I didn't put out a large amount of fall decor but just enough to make me content. I spent maybe $100 in total on everything. A small price for a few months of bringing the beautiful season of fall into our home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...